Friday 5 February 2016

Fear

What is fear? I'm not about to open a dictionary and give you the standard meaning of the word; like most words we tend to create our own definition that best suits our situation. To me, fear is something that can prevent you from achieving your full potential. My greatest fear is failure but over year I have accepted that failure is a part of life & success, this acceptance has allowed me to take more risks. Here's a few ways to overcome your fear:

Don't Doubt Yourself
Doubting yourself is the worse thing a person can do to himself. We normally doubt ourselves because we are afraid to fail but ask yourself 'how can I achieve my goals if I don't believe in myself?' Whatever your fear is, if you can believe you can do it even if it's just mentally then trust me you can do it. 'Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you can't be successful or happy.'


Take Risks
No matter the fear trying to overcome it could be hard. To overcome certain fears you have to make an effort to do so. For instance if you have a fear of heights try something exhilarating. 'If you want it, go for it. Take a risk. Don't always play it safe or you'll die wondering.'

Learn To Control Your Fear
Figuring out if your fear has a trigger can be a great advantage as you will be able to figure out how to control it. Sometimes rather than thinking how bad it's going to be, distract yourself by thinking of something positive. It takes a while but sometimes all you need to do is breathe! 'Our fears can be a source of passion, use it to your advantage.'


Remember it's ok to have fears, it may take a while to overcome it. Like the saying goes "Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live."

No comments:

Post a Comment